"This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links."
Acne prone skin is very sensitive. Zits pop up regularly and this leave your skins with blemishes and dark spots the results of which is uneven skin tone.
This can get really frustrating and it might even dampen your mood and affect your confidence. Fortunately there are foundation formulas that you can use if your skin is acne prone.
The best of these products though are hard to find. Some contain harmful components that may harm your already sensitive skin while some do not help you deal with any oil secretion.
We took it up on ourselves to help you in this regard. We have searched the market extensively for the best drugstore foundation for acne prone skin.
We believe this is your best bet for richer, healthier and glowing skin.
Things to Consider When Choosing
- Chemical Composition of the Foundation. Check the product composition of the foundation you are about to buy so as to ensure it does not contain any harmful ingredients or additives.
The skin on your face is very sensitive and it may react adversely to different chemical compounds. For acne prone skin avoid foundations that have fragrances as they trigger the occurrence of zits and pimples.
- Certification from the Relevant Bodies. Check for marks of quality and accreditation on the foundation that you are going to buy. This is a sign of quality and it goes a long way in assuring you that the foundation you are about to purchase has been tested and found fit for human use.
Top 10 Drugstore Foundations for Acne Comparison
How to Take Care of Acne Prone Skin
Acne prone skin is very sensitive and how you take care of such skin can prove the difference in attaining flawless and glowing skin.
The devil is in the details in this regard. Simple things that people tend to overlook such as a gentle cleansing one in a while help keep your skin healthy and glowing.
Let’s look at a few techniques that you can implement for the best care and management of acne prone skin.
- Clean Your Skin Gently. Avoid hard scrubs or harsh cleaners for your skin as they can rid your skin off its protective barrier. This leaves your skin vulnerable to bacteria and germs.
Gently clean your skin with soap and warm water for that soothing and fresh feel.
- Avoid over Drying Your Skin. In as much as your skin may get oily and greasy, over-dying your skin with soap and astringents is not the best solution for this.
Your skin still needs moisture and in this regard you should find oil-free products that will hydrate your skin without clogging your pores.
- Clean Any Makeup Brushes That You Use. Makeup brushes carry with them a lot of germs and bacteria and you should never use these brushes before cleaning them up.
- Choose Your Makeup Wisely. Acne prone skin is very sensitive and may react adversely to different products and substances. For such skin go for mineral based foundation and makeup that absorb excess oils without clogging your pores.
3 Best Drugstore Foundation for Acne Prone Skin Reviews
Following extensive market research, CoverGirl Simply Powder Foundation Creamy Natural(N) 520, 0.41 Ounce Compact emerges as the best drugstore foundation for acne prone skin.
It has been dermatologically test and found to contain no properties that may be harmful to your sensitive skin.
It also won’t clog your pores and this allows your skin to breathe and remain hydrated. It is light in weight as well and it feels like you have nothing on your face.
If you have acne prone skin then CoverGirl Simply Powder Foundation Creamy Natural(N) 520, 0.41 Ounce Compact is your best bet when it comes to foundation.
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Loose Powder Foundation, Natural Ivory, 0.19 Ounce is one of the most sought after drugstore foundation by those with acne prone skin.
It contains active mineral ions that replenish and nourish your skin. This way your skin remains healthy for a fresh and glowing look.
It guarantee you full coverage every time you use it.
Its relatively low price makes it a really great buy.
When it comes to drugstore foundation for acne prone skin, nothing beats Prestige Cosmetics Multitask Wet and Dry Powder Foundation, Bisque, 0.35 Ounce.
It contains no substances that may irritate or harm your skin. It gives you full coverage and a flawless finish every time you use it.
This flawless foundation won’t clog your pores and this way your skin get to breathe and remain hydrated.
It has been dully test and found fit for human use.
All these make Prestige Cosmetics Multitask Wet and Dry Powder Foundation, Bisque, 0.35 Ounce the best drugstore foundation for your acne prone skin.