If you are looking for the best foundation for large pores, you are in the right place. With so many different types of foundations on the market, sometimes finding the right one may be difficult. There are foundations specifically designed to help minimize the presence of large pores on your face, you just need to find the right one.
Genetics and age are the two major contributing factors for large pores and unfortunately, you have no control over either. One of the most important things to consider when looking for the best foundation for oily skin large pores is the formulation. You don’t want to go with an oil-based foundation as it serves to only make matters worse. Instead, you should lookout for a non-comedogenic product.
When searching for the best foundation for large pores, there a number of things to consider. Some of them include:
- Primers. Start with a primer if you wish to make your large pores appear smaller. Not only is a primer useful in helping minimize pores, it is also useful in helping the foundation stay longer on the skin. When searching for primers, you will find that they come in powder, cream or gel form. If you have large pores or oily skin then it is best to go for powder primer.
Ideally, you should apply a silicone-based primer to not only help fill the pores but to also smooth out the surface of your skin thus ensuring an even application of the foundation.
- Type of Foundation. There are different types of foundation on the market from mineral foundations to liquid and powder foundations. In order to get the best of your foundation, you should opt for liquid or powder foundation to help camouflage the large pores.
Ideally, you should go for mineral powder foundations that not only absorb moisture but also stays on the surface.
- Terms to Look out For. When buying the most appropriate foundation for large pores, there are some terms you should look out for. You should look out for terms such s ‘silky’ ‘natural’, ‘HD finish’, ‘flawless’ or ‘satin’.
- Formulas to Avoid. You should steer clear of dewy or illumination formulas in your search for the right foundation for large pores. This is because dewy foundations only make matters worse for your pores by emphasizing them. In addition, you should avoid foundations with a matte finish as these tend to settle into the pores.
Our Top Picks
1. Clinique Even Better Foundation
Clinique Even Better Makeup is great for dry combination to combination oily skin types. This dermatologist-developed product not only helps improve evenness by over 80% but it also helps undo previous visible damage to the skin. There are 30 shades to choose from and you get to enjoy a natural finish.
One of the beauties of this product is that it promises a reduction of makeup need when used between 4-6 weeks.
You get to enjoy clearer and healthier-looking skin overtime with this foundation. This is because damage such as brown spots that were present before using the makeup will fade overtime. You also get to enjoy great coverage while at the same time getting a beautiful natural finish.
This product doesn’t weigh much and is capable of staying for longer especially when a primer is used. In essence, you get to enjoy a smooth glide when applying this well-pigmented foundation.
- Great for combination skin types
- Helps improve evenness
- Can heal skin damage
- Many shades
- Natural finish
- Great coverage
- May cause breakouts
2. COVERGIRL and Olay Tonerehab 2-In-1 Foundation
The COVERGIRL and Olay 2-in-1 foundation is perfect for the everyday woman looking to enjoy a beautiful even coverage. This foundation is particularly great for those struggling with age spots and tone discoloration as it helps significantly cover said problems. With continued use, you will notice an improved skin tone with reduced age spots, fine lines as well as wrinkles.
When applied right, you get to enjoy long-lasting natural looks. This lightweight product will leave your face looking and feeling smooth to the touch. With it, you get to enjoy the tremendous benefits that come from two great brands (Olay and COVERGIRL) joining hands to provide you with a splendid product!
With this product, you can say goodbye to layering which means that you get to use the given content for longer. This is because only a small amount of this foundation will beautifully cover your trouble areas while leaving you with an awesome finish.
It does come with an easy to use applicator (pump) which is definitely an added bonus! The only downside is that this foundation may not last the entire day, however, for as long as it is present, you get to enjoy a beautifully made-up skin.
- Even coverage
- Covers spots with ease
- Improves skin tone over time
- A little goes a long way
- No more layering
- Easy to apply
- Probably won’t last all-day
3. Glo Skin Beauty Oil Free Camouflage Concealer
If you are looking for the best foundation for large pores, try Glo Minerals Camouflage. Even those with sensitive skin can reap its benefits! This product helps camouflage hyper-pigmentation, scarring, blemishes as well as other visible skin conditions thus leaving you with a beautiful looking skin. It comes packed with rich pigments which are perfect for concealing imperfections you wish to conceal.
It contains clinically advanced treatment ingredients that are essential for helping improve your skin’s condition. Depending on the area that needs camouflaging, you can either apply this foundation under base or on top. It is thick enough to cover blemishes that need covering and it will stay put all day long.
This product does have a tendency of remaining creamy till the last drop thus making it perfect for those who don’t wish to spend an arm and leg on foundation that tends to ‘spoil’ overtime.
- Great at covering imperfections
- Great for sensitive skin
- Helps improve skin tone and health
- Long shelf life
- Stays in place all-day
- For all skin types
- Not cheap
4. Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser
If you want a foundation that will make you look much younger by healing your skin and covering imperfections, this Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser deserves a closer look. While this product comes in a few different shades, they are all designed for lighter skin tones. If you have dark skin, this product will not suit you.
Thanks to the relatively thick and satiny texture, you can expect this foundation to spread very easily and smoothly, not to mention that it is very easy to blend. The result is smooth and even skin tones that look like you came straight from a photoshoot. Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser provides you with full coverage, regardless of spots, blemishes, and fine lines.
One of the benefits is that the Maybelline New York anti-aging foundation contains antioxidants and vitamins, which will, over time, make your skin look younger. In addition, this foundation comes with SPF 18 sun protection.
- Easy to spread
- Blends well
- Full coverage
- Great for concealing lines and wrinkles
- Nourishes and hydrates the skin
- Protects skin from the sun
- Hard to apply – applicator cap is not very functional
5. L’Oreal Paris Makeup True Match Super-Blendable Liquid Foundation
For a very easy-to-spread and blend foundation, the L’Oreal Paris Makeup True Match Super-Blendable Liquid Foundation works with all skin tones and results in a beautiful finish that allows you to build onto it.
As the name says, it is easy to blend, so you can easily get the exact coverage you want, not to mention that the finish is always smooth. Thanks to the unique formulation, it is very smooth and easy to spread without caking. When it comes to achieving a supermodel-like appearance, this foundation is one of your best.
L’Oreal Paris Makeup True Match Super-Blendable Liquid Foundation is excellent at covering pores and imperfections. But what really stands out is that this L’Oreal Paris Makeup True Match Super-Blendable Liquid Foundation comes in dozens of shades, so you should be able to find a shade that works for you. Something else you may appreciate is that this product is free of oil and fragrances, so it should not cause any irritation. Yes, L’Oreal Paris Makeup True Match Super-Blendable Liquid Foundation comes with broad-spectrum sun protection
- Great blending
- Good at covering imperfections
- Reduces the appearance of pores and fine lines
- Ideal for most skin types
- Comes in many shades
- Color chart can be a bit off
- Strong smell