Women want it all when it comes to beauty. Great hair, great lips, great skin – that’s why when it comes to choosing makeup, they only want the best.
Foundation is one of the most challenging cosmetic products to use.
Its essential function is to give you young, fresh skin while covering imperfections on the face; however, not all foundation can help women achieve this goal. Some can even produce the opposite results!
The following guide will help you find the best long-lasting foundation that works with your skin tone and appearance.
Things to Consider Before Buying Foundation
- Climate/ Weather. Living in humid subtropical areas will require you to choose foundation that has more oil-absorbing qualities. For cooler climates, what you need is a moisture rich foundation that’s good for dry skin.
- Skin Type. Do you have dry, normal, or oily skin? Some people can have dry skin even on hot weathers. Knowing your skin type and how you react to the environment can help you choose the best fit for you.
- Finish. Different types of foundation can also create different kinds of result. If you’re looking for more of a powdery finish, use a matte foundation. For more of glow, use sheer, and if you want a fresh soft look, you should go with a natural finish.
- Coverage. Depending on your preference, you can opt for a foundation that’s light, medium, or full coverage. People with good skin often choose light coverage, while people with uneven skin tone and a few blemishes use medium-coverage.
Types of Foundations
- Liquid Cream Foundation. Foundations that come in liquid form. These foundations have different types including waterproof, oil-free, and oil-based.
- Sheer Foundation. Foundation that gives off the glowing effect. This is used by women with normal and dry skin. It usually has additional sun protection.
- Mousse Foundation. Are liquid foundations that are light and smooth to use on skin. They are good to use for almost all skin type, but works best for aging skin as they tend to smooth out facial lines.
- Mineral/Powder Foundation. Are used for retouching as it dries quickly unlike liquid foundations. They can can come in light, medium, or full coverage. This kind of foundation is great for people with sensitive skin or allergies.
- Matte (Oil- Free). Great for oily skin, this foundation will need a moisturizer or primer before applying for it to cover properly.
Best Long-Lasting Foundations
1. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup
The best double wear makeup, Estee Lauder looks natural and flawless on skin providing women with 15-hour staying power that lasts through all kinds of weather. With Estee Lauder, you can be assured that you’ll feel most comfortable because of its lightweight effect. It won’t change color, smudge, or paint itself on your clothes.
This foundation currently comes in more than 30 shades with medium or buildable coverage and a semi-matte finish. It’s also expert approved to be oil-free, non acnegenic, and safe for use and smell. A great makeup for busy, on-the-go women, this is one of the best that you can depend on.
Coming a little pricey compared to other brands, Estee Lauder is still our top pick because of its impeccable quality and dermatologically tested formula making it one of the best long-lasting foundation that’s good for your skin.
- Looks very natural
- Stays in place for 15+ hours
- Very lightweight
- Does not stain clothes
- Many shades available
- Good coverage
- Quite expensive
2. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
With perfect easy-to-blend colors, NARS’ sheer glow foundation remains a favorite among women with pale and yellow skin tones. NARS foundation is great for minimizing subtle discolorations while brightening your overall face tone. It also smooth outs and hydrates dry looking skin without the heavy chemical formula, as its completely non-comedogenic and dermatologically tested.
NARS sheer glow works best for normal and dry skin types. It has no SPF which is great for flash photography and comes with a satin mate finish that makes it barely visible and natural-looking on skin. It’s silky texture feels weightless on the skin so you feel like you’re not wearing makeup at all.
The foundation comes in 20 yellow toned shades that is light enough to leave your natural glow shine through. As one of the best long-wearing foundation, NARS sheer glow is one fine good medium coverage which covers redness and pigmentation on the skin. The only thing about NARS is it might not be too sheer or glowy as it is named. If you’re looking for more of a foundation that enhances your naturally perfect skin, this one is for you.
- Very easy to blend
- Good for pale skin
- Reduces subtle discolorations
- Smoothens and hydrates skin
- Suitable for normal and dry skin
- Silky and weightless
- Many shades
- Reduces redness
- Not quite as sheer as the name implies
- Not ideal for oily skin
3. Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte Plus Foundation
For normal to oily skin, Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte Foundation is the best long-lasting foundation that will give you the picture-perfect look. Match it with your skin tone, and let the product enhance your beauty from within. Maybeline’s Matte Poreless foundation refines pores and leaves natural looking seamless finish that will make your face look as smooth as a baby bottom.
Maybeline’s Fit Me Foundation is a long-lasting foundation that has micro powders formula that controls shine and blurs pores leaving a smooth looking baby face skin. The foundation is allergy and dermatologist tested with no health-hazards whatsoever. It can easily be applied and blended on your face for everyday use.
- Good for normal and oily skin
- Allows for a picture-perfect look
- Reduces the appearance of pores
- Very smooth finish
- Many shades
- Lasts all day long
- Blends very easily
- Not ideal for dry skin
4. Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder
This Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder is an excellent foundation if you have light or medium-toned skin and you need something that will last from morning until night and won’t clog your pores. This product is for light and medium skin tones. There are a few different shades available, but none for very dark skin tones.
This powder provides medium to full coverage, so you can easily hide blemishes and imperfections. The coverage is also buildable, so you can apply blush, bronzer, and other products.
The texture and consistency of Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder make it very easy to blend no matter the skin tone. You can achieve even-looking skin, and it blends with other colors quite easily. This foundation feels weightless when you’re wearing it, and it will not cake, dry, or crack over time.
Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder provides you with an all-day finish that won’t make you look shiny. This is an oil-free product, which makes it ideal for people with oily skin. You can expect Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder to last for up to 16 hours, and it is one of the most affordable foundations on our list today.
- Ideal for most skin types, including oily skin
- Shine control
- Good for light and medium skin
- Easy to blend
- Spreads evenly and smoothly
- No caking or cracking
- Feels weightless
- Great price
- Lasts for up to 16 hours
- Not for dark skin tones
- May start to look oily with time
5. Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation
If you want a long-lasting foundation that won’t come off, this is a great product to consider. It’s lightweight and provides excellent coverage that leaves your skin feeling smooth and hydrated.
In terms of being long-lasting, this product is simply one of the best, as it is specially formulated to last for up to 25 hours no matter how hot and humid it is. Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation is transfer-proof for up to 25 hours as well.
You can spread the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation very easily, and a little bit goes a long way. This foundation provides medium coverage, so it should hide most blemishes, imperfections, and fine lines; moreover, it impressively hides your pores.
That said, Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation is very easy to blend and spread, so you can achieve an even and consistent skin tone. It will also help hydrate and moisturize your skin. The only downside that we can see with Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation is that it is not cheap, plus there is a minimal selection in terms of tones or shades.
- Easy to blend
- Spreads easily
- Good coverage
- Hydrates the skin
- Insanely water and heat resistant
- On the expensive side