If you’re anything like us and you have dry skin, then you’re probably avoiding powder foundations at all costs.
We grew with this false belief that when it comes to cosmetics, anything powder is a big No-No. That’s until we heard rave reviews of some powder foundations and their amazing benefits. We got a beauty itch we needed to scratch.
We’ve researched and tested and looked for the best powder foundation for dry skin so that we can finally put this misconception to sleep.
Here’s what we’ve learned.
Before Buying Powder Foundation for Dry Skin!
Let’s talk about some of the things you need to keep in mind when looking for powder foundation for your dry skin.
- Make Sure It Hydrates the Skin. The last thing that comes to mind when you’re thinking about powder is hydration, but here’s the thing: the best powder foundations contain minerals, amino acids, and vitamins that nurture the skin and deliver a natural glow.
- Look for a Lightweight Feel. Contrary to popular belief, not all powders are buildable. If you want to get full coverage without looking cakey, look for a foundation with a lightweight texture. That way, you can add multiple layers without getting flakey or accentuating fine lines.
- Find the Right Shade. If your powder foundation is the right color, then it should disappear into the skin after blending. Keep in mind that yellow-based foundations help cover redness while translucent shades work best for fair complexions.
Top 10 Powder Foundations for Dry Skin Table
|1. Mineral Fusion Pressed Powder Foundation, Olive 2||Dry||$$$||4.5|
|2. Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup for Dry Combination, No. 02 Matte Beige (mf-p), 0.35 Ounce||Dry||$$$$||4.5|
|3. Prestige Cosmetics Multitask Wet and dry Powder Foundation, Wheat, 0.35 Ounce||Wet & Dry||$||4.5|
|4. Milani Even Touch Powder Foundation, Natural||Dry||$||4.5|
|5. Sorme Cosmetics Believable Finish Powder Foundation, Honey Dusk, 0.23 Ounce||Wet & Dry||$$$||4.5|
|6. CoverGirl Simply Powder Foundation: Ivory #505||Dry||$$||4.4|
|7. L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Powder, Classic Ivory, 0.33 oz.||Dry||$||4.3|
|8. Palladio Dual Wet and Dry Foundation, Cypress Beige, 0.28 Ounce||Wet & Dry||$||4.1|
|9. IMAN Cosmetics Second to None Luminous Foundation, Medium Skin, Clay 2||Wet & Dry||$$||4.1|
|10. SHANY Cosmetics Dual Powder Foundation, Oil - Free, Talc Free, Wet/Dry - Golden Tan||Wet & Dry||$$||3.5|
How to Find the Perfect Powder Foundation for Dry Skin
Since there are so many misconceptions about powder foundations and dry skin, it’s hard to know how to find the right product. Here are some tips to keep in mind when looking for the best powder foundation for dry skin.
- Types of Powder Foundation. Powder foundations come in two forms:
- Loose Powder Foundation. When you think about powder foundations, you think loose powder. This type of foundation contains fine and loose particles that blend into the skin, covering imperfections.
- Pressed Powder Foundation. Similar to the loose powder foundation, this one contains fine particles. The main difference, however, is that the particles aren’t loose, but pressed together into a compact form. This type of foundation provides light to medium coverage, and it’s best suited for casual wear.
- Choose a Product That Offers a Soft Glow. Dry skin is usually matte and can even turn flaky due to poor cosmetic choices. That’s why it’s important to look for a soft glow or luminescence finish to brighten your complexion.
- Always Opt for Natural Ingredients. As we’ve mentioned already, it’s important to choose a foundation that helps nourish and moisture the skin. Formulas rich in minerals, alpha-hydroxy acids, and lanolin are great for your flaky and sensitive skin. On the other side of the spectrum, stay away from foundations that contain additives or synthetic preservatives.
- Look for a Long-Wear Formula. Just because this foundation is in powder form, it doesn’t mean that it can’t last for hours or even for the entire day. Although the price can differ, if you do the math, you’ll realize that a formula that lasts for 8 hours will save you more money in the long run than one that has to be re-applied every 3 hours. Not to mention, a long-lasting product will let your skin breathe than compared with one that requires multiple layers to cover your dry patches effectively.
Top 3 Best Powder Foundation for Dry Skin Reviews
Mineral Fusion Pressed Powder Foundation is the overall highest rated powder foundation for dry skin.
Created to protect the skin, this pressed mineral infused powder will give you a natural look, all without dehydrating your skin. Its skin-soothing ingredients, such as cucumber, Aloe Vera or licorice root nurture the skin, giving you a naturally glowing complexion.
Due to the natural minerals, this foundation contains, you can finally get that flawless finish you’ve been looking for until now. Rest assured that you’ll never have to worry about that powdery finish ever again. The vitamins C and E will invigorate your skin, all while fighting the free radicals and acting as an age-defying solution.
Nurturing, long lasting, and full-coverage, this is the best powder foundation for dry skin on the market today.
This long-wearing foundation will give you a full-coverage that is suitable for your dry skin. The Clinique Superpowder is a one of a kind powder foundation that will give your face that silky look you’ve been looking for all this time.
The best thing about this 2-in-1 powder foundation is that you can use it as a stand-alone makeup product. Simply build up as much coverage as you need without risking the awful cakey aspect. It can be used on your dry and very sensitive skin without causing irritations or redness.
Overall, Clinique Superpowder is a great choice if you are looking for a powder foundation for your dry complexion.
This foundation can be used as a regular dry powder, but also with a wet sponge for a full-coverage and flawless application. It will make fine lines disappear and reduce the appearance of pores while offering you a natural look.
The Multitask Powder will glide smoothly over the skin and will make any spots, blemishes or pores disappear in moments, all without accentuating fine lines or wrinkles.
It’s available in six shades, so you’ll have no problems finding the right fit for your skin tone.
Gentle with the skin and lightweight, Prestige Cosmetics Multitask Powder Foundation is an excellent pick.