"This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links."
When picking a powder foundation, many women aim for products that give them the most natural look. As they say, makeup should not change our appearance but only enhance our beauty!
When it comes to finding the best powder foundation, we want to find the perfect product our skin type and for our coverage needs. With many products promising the same thing, it can be hard to choose the best one for you.
Below, we’ll compare and contrast some of the top powder foundation in order to help you find the right one for your needs.
Top 10 Powder Foundations Table
|1. CoverGirl Simply Powder Foundation Classic Ivory(W) 510||Light to medium coverage, Matte finish||$||4.6|
|2. Glo Minerals Pressed Base Foundation, Natural Medium||Buildable, Sheer Coverage, Semi-matte finish||$$||4.5|
|3. Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation, Natural Ivory 20||Buildable coverage, Matte finish||$||4.5|
|4. L'Oreal Paris True Match Powder, Nude Beige||Light to medium coverage, Natural finish||$||4.4|
|5. Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder SPF 15 Real Sand||Sheer coverage, Matte finish||$$$||4.4|
|6. Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation Beige 2||Buildable coverage, Natural finish||$||4.4|
|7. Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte Plus Poreless Powder, Porcelain||Buildable coverage, Natural Poreless-looking finish||$||4.3|
|8. e.l.f. Translucent Matifying Powder, Translucent||Shine-free Coverage, Matte Finish||$||4.0|
|9. Bare Minerals Light Original Foundation SPF 15||Shine- Free Coverage, Natural Matte Finish||$$||3.9|
|10. Philosophy Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas Powder, SPF 15||Buildable Coverage, Matte Finish||$$$$||3.9|
Powder Foundation Makeup Hacks
- Do Your Research Before Hitting the Store. Before splurging your money on makeup products, make sure that you’ve read reviews online like this one to help narrow down your choices and choose the best brand of foundation for your skin. Do some investigative work so you don’t regret the product you buy.
- Try Before You Buy. Foundation colors are tricky and even the sales person can’t direct you to the right shade for your complexion. When testing, make sure you have a fresh clean face and not wearing any foundation. Test the foundation just above your jaw line to see if it matches your skin’s shade. Try three or more colors close to each other. The best shade will disappear on your face.
- Choose a Foundation Designed for Your Skin Type. If your face is dry, use moisturizers or liquid foundations for your skin. If your skin is oily, powder works great since it will help absorb excess shine. You’ll also want to stick to a mattifying base to help control the shine. Powder foundations are the easiest to use because they dry quickly and are the easiest to apply.
- Determine What Type of Coverage You Want. Light coverage is great for women with almost perfect skin and don’t need to much covering. If you’re going to the prom or a dinner date, you’d most likely go with medium coverage and if you want to cover serious imperfections like a bad case of acne and redness, full coverage is your best option.
- Press Naked Velvet Puff After Foundation. This will help absorb any excess and push the foundation tighter into your skin. You can also use a brush to apply this veil, which will set the foundation properly.
- Conceal Well. After you find your best match, don’t forget to conceal imperfect spots by adding concealer under your foundation. This helps perfect your whole look plus, you’ll have confidence that your skin will look flawlessly good under any color.
- Protect Your Look by Using Light Translucent Powder. For a fresh-look all day, don’t forget to use translucent powders to keep your velvety look. It’s also good to pick foundations that provide long-lasting wear formula and have SPF-protecting properties. Avoid talc-based powders as they may accent lines and give a dull look on the skin.
Top 5 Best Powder Foundation Reviews
This powder foundation by Cover Girl gives a soft and smooth coverage on the skin. Not only does it cover slight redness, acne, and other imperfections, Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation also does a pretty good job avoiding settling into the fine lines of the face. It’s oil-free and hypoallergenic, making it safe for use for women with sensitive skin. It also doesn’t clog pores and reduces the risk of acne and other skin irritations. Purchase comes with a mirror and velvety smooth makeup sponge.
This foundation is very well suited for day-to-day wear as it covers nicely and provides a matte finish that looks good especially in women with fair skin and yellow undertones. Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundations is lightweight in formula and is easy to apply. It offers light to medium coverage and is best for mature, normal, and sensitive skin. This foundation is known for its great quality even with a cheap price. If you’re looking for an affordable powder foundation that is long-lasting and effective, Cover Girls Simply Powder Foundation is our best choice for you.
Glo Minerals Pressed Base Foundation is an award-winning minerall makeup foundation that delivers the best coverage for nourishing, correcting, and protecting skin. This foundation is perfect for all skin types and contains antioxidants with blends of vitamins A, C, E.
This foundation has a long-lasting formula, which keeps skin clear and flawless even after long hours of use. Because of its correcting and nourishing ingredients, this foundation can be used for people with irritated skin. It doesn’t clog pores or aggravate skin conditions, and gives off a gorgeous finish that’s almost airbrushed look.
A word of warning for users, this foundation might turn cakey if you try to get a whole face coverage. It’s best to use separate concealers for under eye circles and zits. It also doesn’t have oil control so you have to use a setting powder during hot times of the day. Unlike other powder foundations, Glo Minerals is a little expensive even though it provides only a few colors.
The first purified mineral makeup in compact powder, Neutrogena’s Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation contains pure and gentle dermatologist-selected ingredients that enhances skin for a naturally radiant and glowing complexion. Neutrogena’s Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation has exclusive time-released antioxidants that helps you have soft and smooth look. It has a formula where you can build your desired amount of coverage from sheer to medium minus the heavy makeup look.
This foundation is oil-free, non-comedogenic, and totally fragrance free for all-day convenience. It may be too sheer for some, but this foundation goes silky smooth when applied. It’s not recommended for use in extremely hot summer time as you may have to apply more than one layer for it to last long. If you want an easy to apply alternative to liquid foundation, Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder is the best powder foundation for you.
L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder foundation offers the largest palette of available shades at the drugstore. Thanks to its outstanding variety that has a match in almost all kinds of skin tone, L’Oreal Paris True Match is suitable for all complexion and undertones. This foundation provides a polished finish that blends and covers well on the skin.
Offering full coverage, this foundation can last for long throughout the day and is able to control oily skin. It has ultra-pure formula that nourishes and protects skin. It contains glycerin and vitamins B and E to keep the skin looking healthy and vibrant. It is best used for creases and lines around the face as it provides a non-shiny setting and doesn’t clog pores. Matching your skin tone and texture well, this powder foundation is built for more coverage and natural finish. Use this foundation to look fresh and vibrant all day.
Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder is water-resistant pressed powder that provides a natural luminous sheer finish. This foundation offers smooth and soft coverage with its lightweight formula that gives a natural glow on skin. It has a unique blend of skin nourishing ingredients like vitamins A, C, E, antioxidants and aloe vera extract. It is also enriched with pure pearl powders and mica that add to the gorgeous luminosity.
Using this foundation will diminish imperfections like wrinkles, acne and scars for a flawless finish with sheer to medium coverage. It is best suited for all kinds of skin types including sensitive and mature ones. It’s very travel-friendly and includes a dual-sided sponge that’s great to use for all day touch-ups.
Laura Mercier Mineral is the best powder foundation that’s dermatologist-tested, non-comedogenic and free of fragrance. It has a total of 8 shades to match different kinds of skin complexion.
If you’re vying for a nourishing glow foundation, this one is our best choice for you.